Wednesday, August 4, 2010

South Africa!


8:40 PM Johannesburg, ZA

We're finally here! After a long 30 hour flight, we finally made it to Joburg, and our hotel. We found out that we have to pay for internet (poo!). It's 100R which is about $15 for 120 minutes. Hopefully that goes a long ways... Katie and I decided it was like going to see a movie? Or something like that...
I slept on the flight (no surprise there to the ones that know me the best!). Oddly, it went by pretty quickly! We got three meals, which were all disgusting. Thank God for the Qdoba grilled chicken salad I purchased at the Atlanta airport. Everyone was envious when I walked on the plane. First class passengers were offering me their seat in exchange for the salad... haha.
After arriving in Joburg, we got in a cab van to our hotel. They drive on the left hand side of the road, and also drive in the right side of the vehicle. London anyone? Good thing Katie and I didn't rent a car... Who knows how that would have turned out with my past driving record? wink wink.
Our hotel is really nice, and I'm pumped for the free breakfast in the morning. Katie stayed at the same hotel chain for a few days when she was in Africa with the United Nations and she said it's amazing. After all the airplane food, I could use a little something delicious!


Keeping this short and sweet while pretending I have jet lag, which may be impossible after sleeping for 20 some hours.

Missing everyone, and lots of love from South Africa,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment